Wednesday 11 July 2012

A new edition




I’ve been a bit neglectful of the blog of late, summer even when its raining is eventful enough - millions of degree shows, tennis the odd barbeque… oh! And I did a kids workshop with a couple of really talented guys. They’re an animation and sound duo called Sculpture - these guys collage bits of audiotape, found sounds and footage, bringing the zoetrope into the present by using a record deck and video camera to simulate that 19th century technology. We had a group of 15 kids ranging from 10 - 14 years old. They really ran with the idea and created some brilliant stuff. 
I like way these aside experiences connect with what’s happening in your own creative little universe. I was drawn to Sculptures oscillating visuals; there was an affinity with the animation I made this year. I wanted to make a phonotropic disk - fortunately an opportunity fell into my lap where I could do it in a fun way. Not sure if there is anything in it as yet, but I have made a little edition of my spot film for numbe82. I’m not really an editions type of artist, but actually I really like them and think there might be scope to make another lightbox type assemble.  On this occasion I made a set of 15, but I have over 150 frames, which might make a lovely little collection. They will be on sale during Deptford x at number82, so if you’re interested pop over to Tanners Hill SE8 between 27 July -12 August and pick one up…





No comments:

Post a Comment